Friday, July 18, 2008

Rage management/ weight loss plan

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): "Dear Rob 'Fat-Burner' Brezsny: I used the
Sweet and Sassy Toner video and lost only two pounds in five weeks. I
tried the No More Love Handles program and actually gained weight. The
only thing that really worked was your column. Reading your horoscopes
has, I'm convinced, been responsible for bringing me much closer to
having my dream body. You've helped me jettison a ton of psychic fat,
not to mention a wad of guilt, a load of concern about what other people
think of me, and a mass of remorse about the past. I never realized how
much of my extra weight had to do with psychological burdens I was
carrying. This is the lightest I've ever been! Grateful Virgo." Dear Grateful:
Give yourself credit, too. It has been courageous of you to get rid of your
unnecessary buffers. By the way, this week will be the climax of the
shedding process. Celebrate your success by emptying out even more.

Awesome!!! Update on the CTJ I'm phat thing too- I've decided that my body was also trying to tell me to cut out wheat, and i'd be mostly fine. That's alotta psychic garbage from oh, probably close to 37 years now. About 10 years a naturopathic doctor told me to cut out yeast, especially, because that's what was causing my seasonal allergies to go ballistic, but she also said, "eh, yer young, you probably have 10 more years until this really becomes a problem." Guess what??? It's 2 weeks from my birthday, and I feel like shit. Notably, whenever I look at a bagel, especially a whole wheat one, I can feel my intestines scrunch up inside me and produce pre-emptive gas, as if to warn me. So. I've also got that bloating and random gut pain that complainers of wheat allergies claim to have. Brucey baby is going to get tested for celiac disease soon, since almost his entire family has it, and I have a feeling my time has come too. We'd have to do this as a family anyway, there's no friggin way to isolate the breadcrumbs in a given household. I'll probably drop 12 pounds in a month, just with this (that's my hope.) Unlike 10 years ago, there isn't exactly a gallon of snot pouring out of my head every minute because of mold, dust, and juniper pollen, but I'm still feeling slightly snotty, bloated, tired all the time, bloated, fat, and bloated. We'll see if this works. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Proximal Vs. Ultimal cause

There's a concept in anthropology called "Ultimal vs. Proximal Cause " Ultimal meaning "if you keep doing that, ultima...